Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheesy goodness without the usual 28g of fat that most mozzarella sticks have.
- 2 (21 g) part-skim mozzarella string cheese, sticks
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Crush Fiber One in a blender or food processor to a fine consistency.
- Place crumbs in a small container with a lid.
- Add seasoning to crumbs and set aside.
- Cut cheese sticks in half and place in a small bowl.
- Pour egg over the top and swirl to coat the sticks.
- Transfer the sticks one at a time to the crumb container and shake to coat.
- Repeat for each stick.
- Return the sticks to the egg container and coat them again carefully.
- Return them to the crumb container again and lightly shake once again.
- Place sticks on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spritz the tops of the cheese sticks with the spray as well.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the first sign of cheese melting.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce if desired.
I'd five it 3.5 stars. The flavor of the FiberOne cereal is a bit sweet, so it doesn't quite taste right. And when crushing the cereal in my blender, there were still many bits of cereal left. So the 5 minute prep time is more like 10. And next time i would be much more liberal with the Italian seasoning to try to combat the FiberOne Flavor. Overall not bad, but i still prefer the real thing