Recipe by Wendelina
Cheesy goodness without the usual 28g of fat that most mozzarella sticks have.
Top Review by 873972
I'd five it 3.5 stars. The flavor of the FiberOne cereal is a bit sweet, so it doesn't quite taste right. And when crushing the cereal in my blender, there were still many bits of cereal left. So the 5 minute prep time is more like 10. And next time i would be much more liberal with the Italian seasoning to try to combat the FiberOne Flavor. Overall not bad, but i still prefer the real thing
- 2 (21 g) part-skim mozzarella string cheese, sticks
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Crush Fiber One in a blender or food processor to a fine consistency.
- Place crumbs in a small container with a lid.
- Add seasoning to crumbs and set aside.
- Cut cheese sticks in half and place in a small bowl.
- Pour egg over the top and swirl to coat the sticks.
- Transfer the sticks one at a time to the crumb container and shake to coat.
- Repeat for each stick.
- Return the sticks to the egg container and coat them again carefully.
- Return them to the crumb container again and lightly shake once again.
- Place sticks on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spritz the tops of the cheese sticks with the spray as well.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the first sign of cheese melting.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce if desired.