Recipe by hepcat1
Another great recipe from Giada's Everyday Italian.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
My review is for the actual mozzarella sticks as I used my own sauce. We enjoyed these and they were easy to put together. I used the mozzarella cheese sticks you can buy in a package (I halved them) and it worked well. I felt they had to cook a little too long because of being frozen so I might try refrigerating them next time and see how that works. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) packagespasteurized mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 by 1/2-inch sticks
- 4 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the bread crumbs, 1 cup of Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- Dip the cheese in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Coat the cheese in the bread crumb mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely.
- Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time. Cover and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, fry the cheese until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the fried cheese to plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with marinara sauce.