Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe in newsletter from Taste of Home that came in my email today. The recipe was submitted by Shirley Warren who says "You won’t believe something this easy could taste so fantastic! Crunchy outside, gooey cheese inside...a treat all ages will love. Kids could help wrap them, too." Posting for safe keeping.
- 12 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 12 egg roll wraps
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 inches of oil to 375°.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce.