Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
At the request of my lovely 12 year old daughter, I am posting these, one of her favorite foods. We searched for a recipe together and ended up adapting one to suit our tastes. Enjoy!
- 59.14 ml flour
- 236.59 ml Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml milk
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml jarred pizza sauce or 236.59 ml marinara sauce
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
This was a hit with my family. I found that it was more effective in keeping the bread crumbs on when I dipped it in the egg before and after rolling it in the flour and the bread crumbs. It also helped to keep the cheese within the coating a lot better. I still haven't perfected it but I'm getting there.
It is too bad that I can not rate them higher then a five star! I have been trying to find a mozzarella chesse stick that did not have an over-powering spice mix flavor. Now that I have, I will ONLY make this recipe for my cheese sticks. What a shame that my son was sick on the day that I made them, I had to eat them ALL on my own.
Superb! I dipped them in egg first before the flour to help it stick better, then continued as written. I got them thoroughly frozen before cooking, and they did not leak at all! They had a lovely thick golden crust and were just yummy.