Recipe by Karen=^..^=
At the request of my lovely 12 year old daughter, I am posting these, one of her favorite foods. We searched for a recipe together and ended up adapting one to suit our tastes. Enjoy!
Top Review by VKuuipo Bridges
This was a hit with my family. I found that it was more effective in keeping the bread crumbs on when I dipped it in the egg before and after rolling it in the flour and the bread crumbs. It also helped to keep the cheese within the coating a lot better. I still haven't perfected it but I'm getting there.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.