Prep 10 mins
Cook 46 mins
I got this one off the back of a package of string cheese. It's simple and delicious! Eat it fresh, or the cheese will harden.
- 6 ounces mozzarella string cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- Cut cheese in half if desired.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Dip each cheese in egg mixture, then flour, then egg mixture again, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Fry for 2 minutes in the oil.
Can't believe I forgot to rate your recipe! I make these for lots of gatherings and they are always popular. I cut the cheese sticks into 4 pieces so we would have more sticks. Sometimes, I also add garlic powder and oregano to the bread crumbs to give them some extra flavor. Served them with marinara sauce. Thanks for the great recipe!
Delicious!!! The dips were easily enuff for 12 cheese sticks, and had I had more, I think maybe 18!! They were gone in minutes!!! Served them with warmed marinara sauce for dipping!