Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 minutes Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 6 minutes Yield: 8 servings User Rating: No Rating Courtesy Sandra Lee
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil-and-vinegar dressing (recommended Newman's Own)
- 1 (1 1/16 ounce) packet herb seasoning mix (recommended McCormick Grill Mates)
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, in water, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut into 24 (1-inch)
- 10 inches bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 1 hour prior to grilling
- Stir together salad dressing, herb marinade packet, and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Place cheese and vegetables in a resealable bag and pour in marinade. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Thread the skewers by alternating vegetables, cheese, and bread.
- Brush bread with some of the leftover marinade mixture and save the rest for garnish.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Lightly oil the grilling grates and place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once. Bread should be toasted and cheese softened. Serve right off the grill drizzled with additional marinade.