This is from Savor the Flavor of Oregon. A nice big and hearty, yet cold salad.
Make and share this Mozzarella Salad With Green Herb Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- Tear the various lettuces into bite size pieces and combine with cherry tomatoes (halve the tomatoes if they are large).
- Cube the mozzarella and combine with lettuce and tomatoes. Set aside.
- For dressing: In a food processor bowl or blender, combine egg, mustard, vinegars, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil in a thin stream.
- Process until emulsified.
- Toss with salad, serve immediately.
Very good Salad recipe...I added some splenda to the dressing as I thought it was alittle tart for us...Tasted great.
Absolutely MY kind of salad recipe! I LOVED all of the mixture of bitter and mellow lettuce leaves and also added a few sprigs of mache. I used little tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes and a buffalo mozzarella cheese. I think your recipe has been altered, maybe with the latest changes, but I could find no green herbs in the ingredients? So, I threw in a handful of tarragon, parsley and a little chopped lovage for good measure. BTW, escarole is Malcolm's favourite lettuce leaf, so he was in seventh heaven! We both liked the rich dressing and for that I used a neighbour's free-range egg, super fresh and small in size. Made for the Europe on a Plate game and as a free review for your guess in the game! Merci encore, FT:-)
I liked this rather a lot, DH and our guest liked it a little less. I loved the escarole (witlof)in it and the semi sharpness of the mustard/ balsamic combination. That however was the stumbling block for the others who tried it. If you like strong flavours you will like this a lot. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars for a recipes I will definiately make again for myself. Thanks!