We just love this super simple, elegant snack, or as a side dish with BBQ. This is from "Ciao Italian Pronto".
- 16 wooden skewers
- 16 bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 8 -10 slices thin prosciutto di Parma, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 (1 inch) bread cubes
- 8 slices shaved strips parmigiano-reggiano cheese (the good stuff)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (the good stuff to drizzle to taste)
- Wrap each mozzarella ball in a half slice of prosciutto.
- Thread each skewer with a mozzarella ball, tomato and bread cube.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter.
- Drizzle the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with cheese and basil.