Recipe by Danceswithskillets
I made this omelette for my Grandmother today and she loved it. I'm making her healthier breakfasts daily so she can steer clear of the sugar cereals. This doesn't take much longer than cereal, either!
Top Review by ladypit
A good concept, though I found this to be much too little for my breakfast. I did halve the cheese because I didn't want that many calories, but I would have liked at least 2 or 3 more egg whites. Thanks for a good idea!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together egg whites and skim milk in a medium bowl. Add salt or pepper to mixture if desired.
- Pour olive oil onto non-stick skillet and put on medium heat for a few seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and allow approximately 4 minutes to cook. Once the egg mixture is off white and there is no liquid in the center, add cheese to the top and allow it to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, flip one side of the omelette to the other side, and voila!
- Serve with toast, fruit, yogurt, or as-is.