Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Another mashed potato recipe I know! But sometimes you have to get creative with mashed potatoes, because the taste can get boring. These have a nice kick and great flavor.
- 15 -20 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium-high heat boil enough water to cover potatoes, add 2 tspn of salt or to taste. Boil potatoes and garlic until potatoes are firm and tender(15-20 mins).
- Drain the potatoes.
- Except for the egg, add the rest of the ingredients and mash. Fold in the beaten egg into the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Put potatoes in a deep, glass or ceramic baking dish. Bake for 20 mins, then transfer to broiler and broil for 5-10 mins or until top is golden brown.