Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our neighbor had one of those cooking parties and she served this as an appetizer. My family loves it so much, we increased the serving size and made it a meal and there's hardly ever any leftovers.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions, and blades
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine all other ingredients and spread evenly on both halves of the bread.
- Bake until cheese melts and bread is crisp.
I thought this was a tasty bread. It was a tad oily for us, so I think I will reduce the mayo next time. I also added some diced red peppers. Reviewed for ZWT 3.
This was great. I made it a little different, spreading the mayo on the bread, added the onion and mushrooms. Baked this for about 10 minutes then added enouth cheese to cover the french rolls I was using and baked it for another 10 minutes at 350. Turned out wonderful. Thanks.
Served this with spaghetti and a salad. I did add a bit of garlic powder to the mayo mixture...habit, I suppose. It could very easily be a meal by itself. It was really good!