Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cheaper than and just about as easy as the Texas Toast in the freezer section. Great accompaniment to any meal and positively wonderful with pasta. The kids really like this bread! Make a double batch and freeze the rest for next time.
- 4-6 slice Texas toast thick bread
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced (more if you wish)
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, Finely Shredded
- 59.14 ml monterey jack cheese, Finely Shredded
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml fresh herbs (I use parsley, basil and a pinch of thyme)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and brush the top of each piece of Texas Toast.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Broil olive oil coated toast until lightly toasted.
- Spread thinly with the cheese mixture and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with very finely grated parmsan as soon as it is out of the oven (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Great. But I'm not sure the mayo was a needed addition.
OMG.....just leave me the bread!!!! I loved this and could eat this for dinner alone. I have never thought of using texas toast for garlic bread but it worked like a charm. So good and looked nice too. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe with us.......mmmmmmmm.