Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Cheaper than and just about as easy as the Texas Toast in the freezer section. Great accompaniment to any meal and positively wonderful with pasta. The kids really like this bread! Make a double batch and freeze the rest for next time.
- 4-6 slice Texas toast thick bread
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced (more if you wish)
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, Finely Shredded
- 59.14 ml monterey jack cheese, Finely Shredded
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml fresh herbs (I use parsley, basil and a pinch of thyme)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and brush the top of each piece of Texas Toast.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Broil olive oil coated toast until lightly toasted.
- Spread thinly with the cheese mixture and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with very finely grated parmsan as soon as it is out of the oven (optional).
- Serve immediately.