1/3 Photos of Mozzarella & Monterey Jack Texas Toast
Cheaper than and just about as easy as the Texas Toast in the freezer section. Great accompaniment to any meal and positively wonderful with pasta. The kids really like this bread! Make a double batch and freeze the rest for next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (more if you wish)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Finely Shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, Finely Shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (I use parsley, basil and a pinch of thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and brush the top of each piece of Texas Toast.
- 3Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4Broil olive oil coated toast until lightly toasted.
- 5Spread thinly with the cheese mixture and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- 6Sprinkle with very finely grated parmsan as soon as it is out of the oven (optional).
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella & Monterey Jack Texas Toast
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 312.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: