Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cheaper than and just about as easy as the Texas Toast in the freezer section. Great accompaniment to any meal and positively wonderful with pasta. The kids really like this bread! Make a double batch and freeze the rest for next time.
- 4 -6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (more if you wish)
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, Finely Shredded
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, Finely Shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (I use parsley, basil and a pinch of thyme)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and brush the top of each piece of Texas Toast.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Broil olive oil coated toast until lightly toasted.
- Spread thinly with the cheese mixture and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with very finely grated parmsan as soon as it is out of the oven (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Great. But I'm not sure the mayo was a needed addition.
OMG.....just leave me the bread!!!! I loved this and could eat this for dinner alone. I have never thought of using texas toast for garlic bread but it worked like a charm. So good and looked nice too. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe with us.......mmmmmmmm.
This was fast and easy to put together and resulted in a flavorful bread. I used french bread, parsley and minced green and white onions. Absolutely delicious! I served it with recipe#253674. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe NcMysteryShopper!