Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful snack recipe!! Easy and delicious!!! I like to serve it with lemon wedges and marinara sauce.
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (round package)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Slice the mozzarella into flat wedges.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in frying pan.
- Set up 3 bowls, one with flour, one with eggs, one with the bread crumbs.
- Coat each piece of cheese first with the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Immediately place in the hot oil and fry a minute or two on each side until coating is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- I like to serve it with lemon wedges and/or heated marinara sauce.
- NOTE: The difficult part is keeping the cheese from escaping the coating white it's frying. Don't let the oil get too hot while frying, and try to keep the oil level at about 1/4 inch deep at all times -- i.e. do not deep fry.
Have always wanted to try a recipe like this, just never got around to it until now, & am I sorry I waited so long ~ These buggers TASTE GREAT! Served up as suggested, although another time I'd like to have a homemade sauce waiting in the wings! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while on tour in Italy with Zaar's World Tour 4]
This is a great little recipe. Every easy and takes no time at all to throw together. I had a little trouble with some of the coating, but I think that was my fault. I served these with homeade marinara. My family thought these were awesome! Thanks!