Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender meatballs with a surprize center. My children's favorite meal. They call them surprise meatballs. There are never any left overs.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Stir together egg, milk, garlic powder, onion and bread crumbs.
- Mix in ground beef.
- Divide meat mixture into 20 equal sized pieces.
- Cut cheese into 20 equal sized pieces.
- Roll each piece meat around a piece of cheese, making sure to completely seal the cheese inside of the ball.
- Preheat oil in skillet.
- Add meatballs to pan.
- Brown lightly on all sides.
- When meatballs are browned cover with spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 10 more minutes.
- Serve over you favorite pasta, or make a sub sandwich.
sorry jami but this recipe doesn't work too well. there is too much liquid.... it is such a lovely idea so i tried this twice nd found that 1 to 2 tbs of milk was about right. cooking the meatballs in the sauce gave them a lovely flavor and everyone loved the melted cheese centres.
I kinda messed this one up but it still tasted good. I tried to make 1 1/2 times the recipe and I didn't get my amounts just right. My mixture was too moist so my meatballs became meatglobs. It all disappeared tho!