1/2 Photos of Mozzarella Macaroni and Cheese
I love mac and cheese, but sometimes the traditional cheddar versions have way more salt than I can handle. I love the texture of this one, too - there's no grainy feel to the sauce like you get with cheddar cheese. Recipe is by Angie McGowan of the blog Eclectic Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Using whisk, stir in flour, salt and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture smells nutty and is lightly golden, stirring constantly with whisk.
- 3Add milk. Continue to beat with whisk, scraping bottom of skillet until mixture heats to boiling. Mixture will thicken. Remove from heat; add cheese and basil. Stir with whisk until smooth. Stir in drained macaroni.
- 4Serve with additional basil leaves if desired.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 1046.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 23.8 g