This is a recipe from Nigella Bites, posted in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sandwiches out of the bread and mozzarella, leaving a little margin around the edges unfilled with cheese, and press the edges together with your fingers to help seal.
- 2(One of the advantages of soft white bread is that it is easily smushed together.) Pour the milk into one soup bowl, the flour into another, and beat the egg with salt and pepper in another.
- 3Warm the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 4Dunk the sandwiches briefly, one by one, in the milk, then dredge in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg.
- 5Fry in hot oil on each side till crisp and golden and remove to a paper towel.
- 6Cut in half and apply to face.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella in Carrozza - Nigella Lawson
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 570.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g