Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fried mozzarella is a definite hit among children and adults alike. Chewy and stringy and oh so good best describes this delicious dish. This satisfying cheese appetizer with its crunchy texture outside and melted inside, topped with your favorite marinara sauce and sprinkled with oregeno will only want you longing for the mediterranean.
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, of fresh crushed
- Slice the cheese into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a small bowl beat eggs
- Mix in salt and pepper to flour.
- Mix in garlic powder and parsley to bread crumbs.
- Coat each slice of cheese with the flour mixture.
- Dip into the beaten eggs.
- Coat with the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry cheese around two minutes on each side.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve topped with your favorite marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle some dried oregano on top.
- Make it Chicago style by adding some slice pepperoni or prosciutto between two 1/4 inch slices of cheese before breading and frying. Mmmm so good!
Sice the kids last day of school was today, I thought this would be a perfect fit, for them to help. It was a SMASHING hit with them. They didn't bother on having a sandwich. Made recipe as posted but skipped step #13 though. A definatre kid pleaser. Made for New Zaar tag.