From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Mozzarella, Ham, and Basil Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) ciabatta, cut in half horizontally
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 12 basil leaves
- 8 ounces sliced reduced-sodium ham (33% -less-sodium cooked deli ham)
- 2 sweetened hot cherry peppers, sliced
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Brush cut side of the bottom bread half with mustard; brush cut side of top half with vinegar. Top bottom half with mozzarella, basil, ham, peppers, and tomato. Top with remaining bread half.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwich to pan; top with another heavy skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Cut sandwich into 6 wedges.