Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Mozzarella, Ham, and Basil Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) ciabatta, cut in half horizontally
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 12 basil leaves
- 8 ounces sliced reduced-sodium ham (33% -less-sodium cooked deli ham)
- 2 sweetened hot cherry peppers, sliced
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Brush cut side of the bottom bread half with mustard; brush cut side of top half with vinegar. Top bottom half with mozzarella, basil, ham, peppers, and tomato. Top with remaining bread half.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwich to pan; top with another heavy skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Cut sandwich into 6 wedges.
Really good! Yummy and quick to fix. I used 5 individual ciabatta buns and toasted on the George Foreman. Didn't have hot cherry peppers, but otherwise followed the recipe. The entire family really enjoyed these and loved the addition of balsamic vinegar. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Easy in the George Forman, but I found the mustard and balsamic vinegar to be distracting. I prefer just the ham, tomato, cheese and basil.
Great sandwich! I used sourdough bread instead of ciabatta. Instead of putting the vinegar on the bread I marinaded the tomatoes a few minutes in the balsamic before putting on the sandwich. Unfortunately we didn't have any cherry peppers but it was great the way it was! Thanks Redsie for a great lunch!