Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I make this often and love every mouthful.
- 6 ounces tomato juice (3/4 cup)
- 1 pinch oregano or 1 pinch mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh onions or 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 dash garlic juice or 1 dash dried garlic (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
- Stir tomato juice with oregano, onion and garlic, if desired.
- Set aside.
- Fork blend eggs with milk until thoroughly blended.
- Spray non-stick omelet pan or small non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over moderate flame.
- Add egg mixture.
- Cook undisturbed until underside is set.
- Gently lift egg mixture with plastic spatula and tip pan to allow uncooked portion to run underneath.
- When top is set, sprinkle with cheese, fold omelet over and transfer to warm plate.
- In same skillet, heat tomato juice mixture over high flame for one minute, until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over omelet.