Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and lightened version of Chicken Parmesan.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces light mozzarella cheese (4 - 1 oz. slices)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated (use lowest fat variety)
- chopped fresh basil or dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; toss with olive oil; keep warm.
- Combine flour and italian seasoning in large ziploc bag.
- Flatten chicken by placing between pieces of wax paper and pounding to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place chicken in bag, toss to coat.
- Spray large nonstick skillet generously with cooking spray; heat on medium-high.
- Add chicken.
- Cook approximately 4 minutes on each side (or until no longer pink).
- Place 1 slice of mozzarella over each chicken breast; cover until melted.
- To serve: Arrange pasta, sauce and chicken breast on each plate.
- Garnish with chopped basil.