Recipe by JenPo
I got this from a Prevention cooking book. My mother is on a crazy diet and she loves it because it has a lot of flavor and is very low in carbs.
Top Review by That girl Mel
This was incredible!! Very, very good! I doubled the bell pepper and used one yellow and one green and used 1 cup of broth. I also added whole garlic cloves to the peppers and my goodness!! Thanks so much for this recipe, it's a keeper!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 dried basil
- 4 slices of regular mozzarella cheese or 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese, 1/4 an inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell peppers or 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pitted ripe kalamata olive, quartered lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a 3" pocket legnthwise in each piece of chicken.
- Wrap basil into the cheese and fold the slices into pockets.
- Close with toothpicks and season with half of the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over med-low heat, and stir in the peppers, seasonings, and salt Brown about 4-5 minutes, move the peppers to the side, and add chicken, cooking about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir together and add broth and olives.
- Bake uncovered until the chicken is done in the center, turning once or twice (about 20 minutes) Arrange chicken on plate topped with peppers and olives with juice from the pan.