Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 egg, beaten
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 7⁄8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dip chicken breast cutlets in egg and coat with bread.
- crumbs. Heat olive oil and margarine in skillet; brown chicken. Place chicken in 9 x 13.
- inch dish. Combine chicken broth, water and lemon juice. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Liberally sprinkle cheese over chicken. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts.
This chicken was outstanding!! Didn't change a thing - just salted & peppered the chicken breasts before running through egg & panko crumbs, and then garnished with fresh chopped rosemary. The tang of lemon juice is perfect. I used homemade chicken stock and no water. This is a winner that we can't wait to have again!