Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple appetizer, so easy to make. Found this in an issue of Femina.
- 1⁄2 kg mozzarella cheese
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 100 g rocket
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat enough water in a pan to 50°C.
- Cut the mozzarella into 1/4-inch slices and place them in the water till they start melting.
- Remove the slices and strain.
- Place the slice on a clean cloth and roll it with a rolling pin till flat and thin.
- Place tomato slices and some rocket leaves on it.
- Roll the cloth tight into a cylindrical shape and allow it to rest for 2-3 hours.Similarly, roll the other cheese slices.
- Slice the cheese rolls and marinate with oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.