These are a tasty, quick, easy to prepare appetizer. They have the added advantage of being able to prepare them several days in advance and freezing until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter, add mozzarella and blend.
- Add flour mixture, mix well and shape into small balls.
- Place balls on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve hot/warm.
- **Note:Cheese Puffs may be frozen unbaked.
- Adjust cooking time if Puffs are placed in the oven while still frozen.
They quickly disappeared at my last party! I added another oz of cheese, aswell as chili powder & cayenne instead of paprika. They turned out great! Next time, I may even throw in some finely chopped jalapeno.
I may have made a mistake while cooking this, but they definitely didn't turn out as I expected. They made eight "puffs" and tasted like salty biscuits. The cheese was the saving grace. We basically bit out the melted cheese and threw the rest in the trash.
I made a smaller batch and added a bit more mozzarella than called for. I agree that they're a little flour-y, but adding more cheese helps that. I think adding a little garlic powder might be good with these too, though I didn't do it this time. Thanks for sharing this easy and quick recipe.