Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Close your eyes and imagine a buttermilk biscuit stuffed with mozzarella cheese, Then covered in pizza sauce and baked to perfection. Your mouth is watering isn’t it?
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make an indentation in the top of each uncooked biscuit.
- Fill indentations with a mozzarella cube. Pinch the dough around the mozzarella cubes.
- Place the biscuits, pinched side down, on a medium, ungreased baking sheet. Cover with pizza sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Tried this as a side dish to a soup. My family liked them and asked me what they were called, I said "cheese puffs" but they decided to name them "pizza balls"....which they actually are, especially with the sauce. I would make again for my son, who kept coming back for more.