Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a low-carb combination of mozzarella caprese and bruschetta, with the mozzarella used as a replacement for the bread. The freshness of the ingredients is the most important part of this recipe. Perfect for entertaining, appetizers, or vegetarian meals.
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (I use Polly-O)
- 2 -3 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 sweet onion, diced
- 2 -4 ounces fresh basil leaves, chopped coarsely with stems removed
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, diced
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix together diced tomatoes, sweet onion, chopped basil leaves, fresh garlic, olive oil to taste, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- While marinating, slice mozzarella into 1/4" slices and lay out in a single layer on a serving platter.
- Spoon mixture onto mozzarella slices and enjoy!