Recipe by ~Leslie~
Cherry and grape tomatoes are the most flavourful winter choices. If you can't find a round of rich, creamy buffalo mozzarella, substitute bocconcini balls cut in quarters. From Food and Drink.
Top Review by PanNan
I found these little fresh mozzarella balls, and they worked perfectly for this recipe. The balsamic vinaigrette was real tasty, and this is a beautiful and colorful appetizer. Mozzarella has little flavor on it's own, and the vinaigrette and basil add needed flavor. Next time, I'll let it rest longer than 2 hours and turn the skewers regularly in order to absorb even more of the vinaigrette flavor. Thanks for posting this great idea.
- 6 ounces buffalo mozzarella
- 24 small cherry tomatoes
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 (5 inch) bamboo skewers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar in a small bowl with oil, pepper and salt.
- Cut cheese in twenty-four 1/2 inch cubes. To assemble, slide a tomato onto a skewer, followed by a basil leaf, folded in half, and a cheese cube.
- Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Arrange on a serving platter and brush or sprinkle with vinaigrette.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature up to 2 hours before serving.