Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is so easy to make and it tastes great too! When you are in a pinch for time, give this recipe a try!
- 1 loaf French bread (20 inches)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup meatless sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; cut width wise into five portions.
- On each bread bottom, layer beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted; replace tops and serve.
This was really great--fast, easy and good! We loved it! Thanks for posting!!
We thought these were pretty good...it was an interesting combination of the roast beef and the spaghetti sauce. I'd like to try some pepperoni or maybe another kind of lunch meat. I added an extra star because these are so quick and easy to fix, especially after a long work day.
We made these with leftover roast beef for a quick Friday night dinner -- great supper for very little work. We served them open top on crusty ciabatta bread. Thanks for a great idea!