Recipe by Lainey39
This is a great light appetizer. You can add whatever you would like each time you make it.
Top Review by AG427
I had something similar to this at the Olive Garden years ago. I followed the recipe for the most part, but I substituted store bought garlic bread (Pepperidge Farm) for the Italian bread and that added buttery garlic flavor that went perfectly with this.
- 6 slices Italian bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of bread in half; place on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with oil.
- In small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, pepper and salt.
- Spoon 1 T over each piece of bread; top with cheese and remaining tomato mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.