Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This quick and easy snack is also wonderful as a warm, light starter to a Mediterranean dinner. If you like anchovies, you can add a half a fillet to each bruschetta too.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the baguette into 10 slices.
- Spread garlic butter on each slice.
- Tear basil leaves (tearing releases the flavour, whereas cutting it does not produce the same effect) and place one on each slice.
- Cut the anchovies to size, and place on top of basil.
- Slice the mozzarella into ten slices and place one on top of each bruschetta.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper (if using anchovy use less salt).
- Place under the grill for five minutes or until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
- Serve warm as a starter or snack.
Great flavor loaded bruschetta We loved it. I used skim milk Mozza, no butter just a spray of butter flavor no oil spray on the bread and it was still Mmmmmm Don't miss out on the anchovies they really set it up.
Delicious! I left out the anchovies since DH is picky but they were great without. I minced up a ton of garlic w/ about 4T. of butter and buttered both sides of each piece. I really liked how easy, yet flavorful it was!