Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
From 1000 Veg Receipes
Make and share this Mozzarella Baked Eggplant and Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 532.32 ml marinara sauce, divided
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil, divided
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 354.88 ml sliced zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease a 9" square baking dish.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2" thick slices. Layer 1/2 of the slices on the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/2 C of the sauce and 1 T of the basil.
- Toss together the Mozz & Parm. Sprinkle 2/3 C of the cheese over the top of the sauce.
- Layer the zucchini over the cheese. Top with 3/4 C of the sauce, 2 T of the basil, and 2/3 C of the cheese.
- Top with remaining eggplant slices and the remaining sauce, basil & cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon "extra" sauce over servings from bottom of dish.