Posted for Zaar World Tour: I keep a very small bottle of this vinaigrette made up in my fridge.. keep only small amount and make it every few days so that it is at it's very freshest best. This makes a fast, easy, yummy salad for those warm summer evenings. Mix the vinaigrette well before using because it separates on standing (personally, since I'm trying to loose weight, I use less vinaigrette, so this amount does me 2-3 small salads for 2 people) Salad, ZWT Region: ITALY
- 45 ml olive oil (3 Tablespoons)
- 20 ml wine vinegar or 20 ml cider vinegar (4 teaspoons) or 20 ml lemon juice (4 teaspoons)
- 1 1⁄2 ml sugar (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 1⁄2 ml whole grain Dijon mustard (1/4 teaspoon) or 1 1⁄2 ml French mustard (1/4 teaspoon)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 175 g mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced, 6 oz)
- parsley (to garnish)
- mint (to garnish)
- Halve the Avocado lengthwise and take out the stone. Skin and cut avocados into slices.
- Pour vinaigrette over avocado slices. Stir them if necessary to coat them completely to prevent discoloration.
- Arrange slices of Mozzarella, tomato and avocado on a plate, garnish with chopped parsley and a sprig of mint.