Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A popular traditional Italian salad. Goes together really fast and tastes fantastic. NOTE: Balsamic vinegar can be substituted for the white grape vinegar.
- 450 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 450 g tomatoes, sliced
For the basil dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white grape vinegar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 450 ml salad oil or 450 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk well till combined.
- Arrange the slices of cheese and tomatoes on a plate.
- Pour a little of the dressing on the salad and garnish with basil leaves.
Delish! Perfect for a hot summer day. I made it with balsamic vinager and only 1 tsp of brown sugar. Was awesome!
Great salad! Made it with balsamic. Put it on a bed of greens and everyone ate it up. Thanks again.
DELICIOUS! Just right w/ balsamic :)