Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried these but they look interesting
- 250 g strong white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast granules
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml water, hand hot
- 1 egg, beaten
- to taste parmesan cheese (for sprinkling)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Add the yeast to the water and it to fizz and become frothy.
- Pour into the flour mix, add the oil and the egg and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead 5 minutes until smooth and no longer sticky.
- Cut each tomato into six, cut the mozzarella into 24 chunks.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces, shape each piece into a ball and flatten.
- Place a piece of mozzarella and tomato onto each flattened ball, draw the dough over the filling, pinch to enclose, then place on a greased baking tray.
- Cover with a greased plastic sheet, eg. a clean pedal bin liner.
- Allow to prove at room temperature for 1 hour until dough is springy when pressed.
- Heat the oil to 180C in a large saucepan (Test by dropping a cube of bread into the oil, if it rises to the top immediately the oil is hot enough). Fry the doughnuts a few at a time for about 5 minutes until a deep golden.
- Drain and serve hot or cold.
- NB: These will freeze for 1 month.
- To serve defrost and warm in oven 1 minute.