Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A favorite appetizer - easy too!
- 1 loaf thin French bread
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, thin slices
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and toase in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Put the spinach and a small amount of water in a saucepan and cook until tender. Drain and squeeze out all moisture.
- Combine the spinach and the cream cheese and mix well. Spread over the cut sides of the bread.
- Lay mozzarella slices over the spinach. Broil until cheese melts. Slice into 1- or 2-inch pieces to serve.
OMG....this is SOOOOOOO darn good!!! We all loved it!!! Congrats on your football win for Week 6 2010 Football pool!!!
Super easy to make and great flavor. I used chive flavored cream cheese and fresh mozzarella. What a great treat to tide you over til diner time!
I wish I could give this 10 stars! My family went crazy over this, and I'll be making it often. Thanks, Loof!