Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Basil and mozzarella are a natural pairing. An Italian lunchbox sandwich.
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto (Basil Pesto)
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- Spread a thin layer of basil pesto over each slice of white bread.
- Cover half the bread slices with the mozzarella slices; the layer of mozzarella should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper before covering with the remaining slices of bread.
- Before serving, use a serrated knife to remove the crusts and cut each sandwich into triangles.
A summer favourite.