Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This refreshing fruit salad originally came from a Southern Symphony cookbook, thus the cute name. I can't remember which symphony now as it has been a while. I have made it from memory now for years. I get requests to bring it to potlucks all the time....and it makes a lot, so cut the recipe in half if it's for home use! Note, you can add a bit more than 1/2 of the lemonade concentrate if you prefer more marinade.
Top Review by Aussie mum 2_2
Loved it!!! We don't have frozen lemonade in Oz ( I couldn't find any)so I just used a bit of lemonade and mixed it with the marmalade. I didn't have any mandarins so used mango instead. It disappeared in minutes, the worst bit was waiting to be able to eat it, once I put the marinade on, it looked so good!!! Thanks it will be made often.
- 1 small honeydew melon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 pint strawberries or 1 (15 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (if strawberries not in season)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup frozen lemonade, consentrate (do not dilute)
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (Triple Sec) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all of the fruit up into bite-size pieces, except bananas and place in a large bowl.
- Mix marinade in a seperate jar or container.
- Chill both.
- Two (2) hours before serving, pour marinade over the salad, add the bananas and stir.
- Cover and chill until ready.