1/10 Photos of Movie Night Meatball Subs
Muffin Goddess's Note:
I use my Family Favorite Basic Meatballs and Fresh Tomato Sauce (recipes posted separately) to make these for family movie nights (hence the name). They are a little less messy to eat than most meatball subs due to the hollowed-out rolls, and the unused bread chunks can be used for other purposes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 inch) hoagie rolls, hollowed out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (if you like very cheesy meatball subs, you may want to have extra mozzarella on hand for topping)
- 12 meatballs (I use Family Favorite Basic Meatballs, see recipe posted separately)
- fresh tomato sauce (see recipe posted separately)
- grated parmesan cheese (fresh or canister, your preference)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Slice a thin layer off the top of each sub roll. Remove some of the bread inside to form a bread "boat". I like to reserve the unused bread chunks for fresh breadcrumbs, or they can be used in bread pudding.
- 3Brush inside of hollowed rolls with olive oil.
- 4Fill bottom of buns with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella each. Place on a baking sheet and bake until buns are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- 5Fill subs with Fresh Tomato Sauce and 3 meatballs. Top with more sauce, sprinkle with the grated cheese (and more mozzarella if you like).
- 6Return subs to oven briefly, just to melt the cheese on top.
- 7Be sure to have lots of napkins handy, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Movie Night Meatball Subs
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 351.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: