Recipe by Gingerbee
Amazingly quick and easy elegant meal for family or special guests! Someone prepared this for me while in New Orleans and served it over a yellow saffron rice! The mix of colors and textures made this spectacular meal one I'll make over and over again! Hope you try it :)
Top Review by KitchenCoquette
Very Good, elegant comfort food. My fiance said it tasted like Shrimp Scampi "only good", however you describe it, we will definately be making it again. (oh, I haven't used green onion yet, we were out, so i used yellow)
- 3 lbs large shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean shrimp, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 sticks of butter.
- Add celery, onions, garlic, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer till soft for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook to taste (approximately 10 minutes).
- Dissolve flour in 1/2 cup cold water and add to pan, stirring to thicken.
- Serve immediately over yellow rice or pasta of choice.