Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try the difference !
- 1⁄2 kg chicken piece, cubed
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 large onions
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Make a coarse paste of the onions, ginger, garliic, tomatoes, chilies in a mixer or blender.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet but do not smoke the same.
- Add cloves, bay leaves, green cardamom, big black cardamom and wait for a few seconds for the ingredients to splutter.
- Add cubed chicken pieces and saute for 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add paste of onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and greem chillies to chicken and continue to saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add 3/4 cups of water, cover the lid for 10-12 minutes and let the chicken cook and become tender.
- Remove the lid, add bell peppers and salt.
- Cover the lid for 5-7 minutes on high heat till the gravy sets in.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Serve hot with bread or steamed basmati rice.
Nice one! Mouth watering!!