Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this idea when I learned how to tap maple trees on a field trip to a local wildlife preserve.
- 10 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (pure is best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend or puree until your ice cream is chopped and blended into a thick but not chunky consistency. (About 2-3 minutes).
- Pour into glasses. Serve and enjoy!
- For a lighter version, use fat free ice cream or frozen yogurt, and skim milk.
Cut down to 1 serving as posted for a tasty splurge! Thanks for the sweet treat RyGuy. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
Boy, oh boy, oh boy. It is morning and I am craving one of these right now. We made these and my whole family loved them. The maple is genius......loved it. Thank you for sharing.
Great maple taste. Very cool on one of our Indian summer days. Glad you learned to tap maple trees, RyGuy. Thnx for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.