Prep 8 hrs
Cook 40 mins
I admit it, I was scared to try lamb until I tried it this way. Now I love lamb. This is a marinade that's quick to put together and then just grill. We love to serve it with roasted potatoes. A touch of mint jelly or A-1 Sweet and Tangy are good condiments for lamb. Try the electric fry pan method - even better. ***** About the 67% calories from fat - the marinade is disgarded so it's really much lower.*****
- 2 -3 lbs boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Mix all ingredients together except lamb until well combined. Add lamb and marinate in a ziplock bag for 8 hours or overnight.
- Discard marinade. Grill for about 20 - 25 minutes for medium rare.
- Tried a new cooking method - turned out FANTASTIC; so moist!
- In an electric fry pan place marinated lamb on a rack. Add water to pan to cover bottom (add more during roasting to keep bottom covered). Preheat to 400°F Roast 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°F; roast about 20 minutes per pound for medium or until internal temperature reaches 145°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 - 15 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5° - 10°F during stand time.