Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I couldn't find a zucchini casserole that I had all the ingredients for, so I decided to just create one and there are no regrets. Tastes just as good the next day, and can be made ahead a day or two before cooking.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green zucchini, sliced into rounds bout 1/4inch
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced into rounds bout 1/4inch
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (1 or 2 cans, depending on size of casserole)
- milk, just enough to make soup slightly runny
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef with garlic, worchester sauce, paprika, salt and pepper in skillet until finished. Drain and set aside when done.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into rounds and layer first half on bottom of casserole dish. Layer with half of onions and ground beef mixture.
- Layer with second half of zucchini and onions, season with more pepper if desired.
- In separate bowl, mix together soup and just a little bit of milk, so it becomes slightly runny. If you make it too runny, add some flour to thicken.
- Pour soup over zucchini and grate cheddar over top.
- Bake in oven covered for 30-40 minutes (cooking times may vary, depending on your oven).
- Uncover and sprinkle on seasoned bread crumbs, and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until bread crumbs are toasted looking.
- Enjoy :D.