1/2 Photos of Mouth Watering Zucchini Casserole
I couldn't find a zucchini casserole that I had all the ingredients for, so I decided to just create one and there are no regrets. Tastes just as good the next day, and can be made ahead a day or two before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green zucchini, sliced into rounds bout 1/4inch
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced into rounds bout 1/4inch
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (1 or 2 cans, depending on size of casserole)
- milk, just enough to make soup slightly runny
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown ground beef with garlic, worchester sauce, paprika, salt and pepper in skillet until finished. Drain and set aside when done.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Slice zucchini into rounds and layer first half on bottom of casserole dish. Layer with half of onions and ground beef mixture.
- 4Layer with second half of zucchini and onions, season with more pepper if desired.
- 5In separate bowl, mix together soup and just a little bit of milk, so it becomes slightly runny. If you make it too runny, add some flour to thicken.
- 6Pour soup over zucchini and grate cheddar over top.
- 7Bake in oven covered for 30-40 minutes (cooking times may vary, depending on your oven).
- 8Uncover and sprinkle on seasoned bread crumbs, and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until bread crumbs are toasted looking.
- 9Enjoy :D.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mouth Watering Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 930.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 33.5 g