Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This twist for a burger will have them coming back for more! Wish I could take credit for this recipe, however I got it out of a cookbook. My husband said it was the best burger he ever had!!!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix anywhere from 1/2 to all of sauce into ground beef and form patties to your desired size.
- Fry or grill patties as you would for any burger you would make.
- Serve on sandwich buns or rolls.
- You can also freeze patties to be served at a later time. Use wax paper in between patties and store them in freezer bags.
Very juicy and great flavor! I grilled them on my george foreman.
These burgers were really good. I made them on my George Foreman grill and added cheddar cheese and grilled pineapple slices. As another reviewer mentioned, it reminded me of the Banzai burger at Red Robin. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I was told not to lose this recipe. I made the additions as directed but put them in 2 pounds of 80% lean ground beef (sale), froze them & then grilled them after thawing them in the microwave. Mmm, I still have a few in the freezer :)