Recipe by Dine & Dish
We love strawberries in our house and I tend to over buy. These muffins are such a delicious way to use up extra strawberries! My family loves these for breakfast and snack!
Top Review by LAURIE
Kristen these are sooo good! I sprinkled them with the sugar as they came out of the oven and DD#3 was doing a dance trying to get them to cool faster. She proceeded to eat 3 while they were still warm. DS came in from work and ate 2. I can see that I will have to make more per request! Thanx for a super recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- sugar, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 400°F Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- On a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir well until all ingredient are well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour liquid mixture in and the strawberries.
- Using a large spoon, gently fold ingredients just until moist do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.