1/2 Photos of Mouth Watering Pot Roast
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Food of the Gods!'s Note:
This is the most delicious pot roast I've ever had, and I've had many. The moist meat falls apart. Also, it doesn't give you that heavy feeling after you eat it. My whole family loves this and I would definitely serve it to special guests. It's fairly easy to make and is very hard to mess up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 1/2 lbs beef shoulder
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups dry red wine (I use Merlot)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (fresh or dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (heaping)
- 2 1/2 cups onions (chopped into large pieces)
- 2 cups baby carrots (1 bag)
- 8 red potatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (include juice)
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Trim fat from sides of roast.
- 3Rub roast with black pepper.
- 4Heat olive oil in large pot or large casserole safe for stove & oven. After heated, brown roast for several minutes on each side, browning well.
- 5Pour in stock, wine, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic.
- 6Stir in onions, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, & Italian dressing.
- 7Bring to a simmer on the stove. Transfer to oven, covered, and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Make sure roast is on bottom. For larger roasts, uncover and bake an additional 1 hour.
- 8Serve hot or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mouth Watering Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1010.1
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 1926.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 60.0 g