1/1 Photo of Mouth-Watering Oven-Fried Fish
Chef #214039's Note:
heart healthy recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup skim milk or 1/4 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup corn flakes, crumbled or 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish)
- 1 lemon, fresh, cut in wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- 3Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- 4Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- 5Let fillets sit in milk briefly.
- 6Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs.
- 7Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- 8Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- 9Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- 10Cut into 6 pieces.
- 11Serve with fresh lemon.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mouth-Watering Oven-Fried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 241.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.2 g