Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
These oven barbecued ribs are a compilation of several different recipes and techniques. They are so good they can even hold their own against charcoal barbecued ribs! Smoked hot paprika is HOT, so beware. Since you won't use all of the rub or eat all of the sauce, the sodium count per serving is actually lower than what is printed.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups warmed kc masterpiece honey smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons warmed honey
- 1⁄4 cup white rum
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked hot paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro ((this really adds a depth of flavor to the sauce)
- 2 lbs pork ribs
- Bring ribs to room temperature and wipe clean with damp paper towels.
- Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix together the rub ingredients and sprinkle over both sides of ribs, rubbing in the mixture as you go (you will have some rub left over).
- Bake the ribs covered for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, and mix together the barbecue sauce, letting it stand while ribs are cooking.
- Remove ribs from the oven and raise oven temperature to 375°F.
- Slather the ribs with barbecue sauce mixture and cook for 30 minutes longer, uncovered.
- Baste with sauce at least once during this cooking period.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Sauce and rub may be doubled for 4 pounds of ribs.
I am not a big fan of ribs...made these because my husband loves them..they were WONDERFUL!! I would decrease the salt to about 1 1/2 tbs. the next time and since the hot paprika was not to be found in my area I used a bit of cayenne pepper...they are really good and look like a picture! Thanks Lynnie!!